Building a Greater Glendale
What's Going On:
• King Soopers is open and thriving. With its enormous liquor store, cheese shop, deli counter and incredible seafood counter the Glendale King Soopers is one of the most popular in the state.
• Featuring an array of classes and programs, the Glendale Sports Center has become one of the top fitness centers in the area. Also, Glendale residents can join for just $8 per month!
• Glendale has an International Events Center which is a conference facility with the largest ballroom between Downtown and the Tech Center.
• The Glendale Men’s Rugby Team won the 2011 national championship and was 2nd place in 2012! Check out our calendar of upcoming events here or visit www.glendalerugby.com for all the games, tournaments and rugby info.
• The corner of Cherry Street and Mississippi Avenue is the home of the south half of Infinity Park – an open park with lots of landscaping, an athletic field and plenty of room to run around, walk your dog, have a picnic or read a book
• The area located south of Barnes & Noble along Colorado Blvd features a wide variety of food and retail options including Tokyo Joe’s, Carve Barbecue, Mod Market Restaurant, Pinkberry Frozen Yogurt, SportsClips, and Lunchbox A Waxing Salon. Pedestrian access from Colorado Blvd goes past the Post Office and through to Birch Street.
• The corner of Colorado Blvd. and Cherry Creek Drive South is the home of the Hilton Garden Inn Hotel, Panera Bread, Garbanzo, Verizon and Cafe Rio. CitySet businesses opened during 2013 with a Resident Inn, World of Beer, and several restaurants: Jax Fish House, Big Smoke Burger, Cuba Cuba Sandwicheria, The Kitchen Next Door, Native Foods, Platform T and Silvi's Kitchen.